Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Day 7 - Singapore

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day



Carol, Sarah, Allison
Madison, McKenna

The kids were given strict orders that there would be no arguing and no crying all day long because it was Mother's Day.  In fact, Sarah has a sign hanging in her kitchen that says, "There should be no yelling in the home unless there is a fire." (David O. McKay)

We enjoyed going to Church together, although eight of us in a seven passenger vehicle needs some creativity.  The Young Women and the Primary children sang songs in honor of Mother's Day.  They gave out long-stemmed red roses to all of the women.  It is fun to visit our kids' wards, meet their friends and see different buildings.  Later, dinner was made by Jeremy (ham, mashed potatoes and a yummy chocolate cake).  We took photos, watched the movie, "Mirror, Mirror", and took a walk in the neighborhood.  We opened Mother's Day cards and presents.  And we rested.

It was a wonderful day.

P.S.  I have not seen it, but I understand that there is a gecko in the house.  I believe the children who have told me so.  I am going to assume that this creature will stay out of my bedroom.  There are lots of other places for him to roam.    


1 comment: